Monday, April 15, 2013

Mason Jar Galore


Mason jars are no longer used to store our grandmother's food. These molded glass jars are taking over the crafting world. The classic look and endless possibilities make the mason jar a go-to item for crafters. In this post, I will show you one cheap and easy (two of my favorite words) way to utilize a mason jar. 

I would like to dedicate this one to my cousin's beautiful, adorable, and precious new baby girl, Harper! I created these hoping they could be used to store cotton balls/swabs now; then maybe crayons and other crafting materials when she is older (I have a feeling she got the crafting gene as well). 

What you need:
- Mason jar
- Lid to the jar
- Glue (Gorilla Glue)
- Acrylic paint (Craft Smart)
- Plastic toy animals 
- Clear acrylic sealer (Mod Podge)


Instructions: 
1. The lid comes in 2 pieces, so glue these pieces together
2. Paint the lid (2 coats)
3. Spray the lid with a sealer (2 coats)
5. Glue the toy to the lid



Crayon storage
Almost too easy to be true! You could also spray paint the plastic toy animals (gold would look great). This craft serves a perfect bookshelf trinket too!

Good luck!

Beth 

1 comment: