|Once part of a ping-pong table!|
What you need:
- Your dad's old ping-pong table (or any old wood)
- Sand paper
- Thin paint brush
1. Saw the wood into the desired size
2. Sand the edges to smooth any rough spots
3. Lightly draw the quote, design, monogram, etc. on the wood with a pencil
4. Paint over the outlined drawing
5. Let the paint dry
6. Lightly sand over the paint to create a more worn look
Doesn't get much easier/cheaper/simpler than that! My favorite sign was the one I made for my dad's sister, Susan (I'm sure she won a couple games on that ping-pong table). The sign reads, "Steamed Crabs Sold Here"; which was designed specifically for her rivah house.
|"Oh Happy Day", "We're All Mad Here", & "Steamed Crabs Sold Here"|
Dig through an old basement (gain permission first) and see if you can find any potential wooden signs!