Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tassel! Tassel! Tassel!

Leather tassel key chains can be found everywhere. But for a pretty penny.

Here is a cheap and creative way to make your own!



What you need:
- Leather or vinyl scraps (I cut up an old Target purse)
- Scissors
- Ruler
- Pencil
- Fabric glue 
- Split ring

Instructions:
***Bear with me... I could not seem to find the right words to explain the instructions. Hopefully the pics help some!
1. Measure out three different rectangles:
1 1/2 by 8 inches (one of these)
1/2 by 8 inches (two of these)
1/4 by 6 inches (one of these)
This was the first size chart I used. Once I got the hang of it, I could change up the sizes.
2. For the three 8 inch long pieces - measure 3 inches from the ends of both sides of each piece
3. Measure and mark 1/4 inch increments on each edge (this will be fringe part)
4. Draw line from mark to mark
5. Cut along lines 
6. Stack the two small rectangles on top of each other and then in the middle of the larger one
7. Fold the sides of the larger rectangle and hold with glue
8. Put fabric through the split ring
9. Fold fabric in half
10. Wrap 6 inch piece around fabric and secure with glue






This was my first attempt, I'll upload pics as I create more!

Beth

1 comment: